Highlights of Accomplishments:
• FFES was recognized as a School of Distinction, achieved high growth and met 100% of the targets for Annual Measurable Objectives for the school year 2011-2012.
• FFES implemented mClass/Reading 3D assessments mid-year in grades kindergarten, first, second, and third. These on-line assessments provide data to identify strengths and weaknesses of individual students along with targeted teaching activities to meet these needs.
• FFES maintains a Response to Intervention (RtI) Problem Solving Team that meets weekly to assist teachers with assessments, researched-based interventions, and progress monitoring to meet individual student needs.
• FFES hosted parents for interactive activities with their children on Math Day, Science Day, and Reading Day in support of our school goal to increase parent involvement to support student achievement.
• FFES expanded the use of iPads to provide access to all students K-5. Use of Google Docs has been expanded to include students in grades 2-5.
• FFES implemented collaborative learning experiences with First Flight High School. FFES and FFHS English and art students collaborated in developing a book of alliterations for first grade students. FFHS studens assisted in teaching lessons using literacy and informational texts about sea animals.
• FFES's successful KSCRP positive behavior program spotlights children's positive behavior through daily radio broadcasts, monthly assemblies led by our KSCRP Cheerleaders, and student of the month nominations.
• FFES students and staff support the community by hosting Trick or Treat Night for families, and by participating in Toys for Tots, Jump Rope for Heart, and Relay for Life. FFES also conducts an annual food drive to benefit the Beach Food Pantry.
• FFES offers after school fitness training for all staff each afternoon as part of its wellness program for staff.